-->

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sad, But Oh So True...

This is my only other Brightneedle finish - you can clearly tell why I need more people to contribute to this blog now, right!?

The start of this blog got me to get all my ducks in one row and I finally framed this sweet design, Spring Flowers. If I recall correctly, this design was initially a freebie, but I bought it as a tiny kit at my LNS.

The frame was a gift from Jill Rensel Studio. I was in Utah with some friends for the Shepherd's Bush retreat in 2010 and we decided to go and visit Jill too. She is the sweetest person and they spoiled us rotten! If you are ever in the area, do step in for a visit - she is truly an artist!
Anyway, as a promotion, we all got a small frame each on the condition that we sent her a photo showing what we did with it. Now I can finally send her my photo...

To fill out the sides and thus make the finish look more fitted in the frame, I added some rickrack on the sides. I love the colors of this rickrack and the best part is that I found it at Hancock's fabrics, so I didn't have to search the net and pay for shipping - yay!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching!
http://onestitchcloser.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Love how you have them displayed, Jenny. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finish and the way you have them displayed.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fint! Vilket rum är på bilden? Puss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with your "retreat" frame, Jenny. It's charming. Thanks for the kind words.

    Really a great blog!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete